Sunday, January 28, 2007

BREAKFORTH 07 Cont..


I just thought I might add a few other things that happened at Breakforth!
The one most awesome thing that happened was that I got to get closer to Jesus Christ as my personal saviour at breakforth. As I got closer, I got refreshed and encouraged and equipped to do the work that he has given me to do here in Canada for however long he wants me to be here.
I went to Bob Lenz, and he was talking about youth minisry leadership, and I was soo encouraged and challenged with what he had to say that I had to spend some time in prayer. I had been thinking about raising leaders from my youth group and to be a rejuvenating stream in these kids lives and that's what he talked about. He said 90% of Christians never lead another person to faith. And as a youth leader, there are countless opportunities to share the hope of Christ with young people, yet our greatest tool may not bea strategic lesson plan or evangelism technique. Continue to pray for me in this area.

I got to meet Blake Burwash, I dont think I saw him since May 2005, and Krystal, and Angela Faas, and Dave Moody, and Chris Peatee, and Patti, and Megan Langager and missed Edwin Mendivelso, and many other more that I can't remember right now. It was good seeing all these people and I think all of them I hadn't seen over a year.

I should add too that it was good to get to know Becky Pears (alix's mom) this weekend. We had great talks and she has agreed to come on the board of youth ministry with me. I know it will be challenging, I think more so for her than me, but I think she can handle it if she perseveres, if we all persevere. I have been praying for an assistant ever since Sam left, and I think Becky is the one for this group. She is kinda busy with her work and stuff but she has agreed to come on board and tackle this.

No comments: