Sunday, January 28, 2007

BREAKFORTH 07


For you who dont know what breakforth is, it's a winter convention held in Edmonton Alberta Canada just 3 hours from Calgary (where I live). It has more than 10,000 people in attendance at the shaw conference center, this year we had Casting Crowns, Starfield and Newsboys play in the evenings. It was awesome!!! During the day we have workshops, so if you are interested in music and youth as I am you would go to Brian Doerksen, Paul Baloche, Robin Mark, Bob Fitts etc classes for music and Ken Davies, Bob Lenz etc. they were all phenominal.


Breakforth is an event that lasts only a weekend and costs a bit of money esp. if you dont live in Edmonton, but it's worth it. I can't wait for the next one in 2008.
It was a bit cold when we (Becky, Alix and I) headed out to Edmonton on Thursday the 25th of January. I was glad that I had brought warm attire to wear since the walk to the conference center took 10-15min from our hotel.

When we left Calgary it was 13C in the afternoon, when we arrived in Edmonton it was 3 degrees. Friday afternoon it improved to 4 degrees. I had thought that I was getting used to this weather thing here in Canada. I know global warming is not good but I wouldn't mind 20 degrees in the winter every now and then!

The picture above is Robin Mark's. If you have no idea who he is go to the search engine and type his name, I'm sure something will turn up. I like Robin Mark for one reason, and that is his songs are like hymns, which I call contemporary hymns. The church that I work at as a youth worker they love hymns and so when I want to introduce a good 21st Century hymn I go to Robin. I love his song Rivival, Days of Elijah etc.

No comments: