Monday, January 29, 2007

DEATH

I'm sure most of us know what it means to loose a loved one. A few years ago I lost my grandparents on my father's side, I didn't get to know them personally but they knew me. When I was in the states my grandmother to whom I grew to love (since she was my only grandmother I knew) passed away when I was a missionary to America. I couldn't go back home because I didn't have enough money to travel.
My Grandfather passed away shortly after his wife died and I was there to take care of him in our home. That was a bitter sweet time for me, I wanted more time with him but was denied, I am happy that he doesn't have to feel the pain he was feeling here on earth
Jan 29th 2007 my auntie died at an age of 54, and I couldn't make it to the funeral. she died suddenly leaving 3 children to my dad for caring.. All of them are in school and that's what my heart goes to right now. They dont have any family support except my father and he aint that rich. So I'm doing the best I can over here to support them in school.

Death marks the end of life, the limit, the end of change, where it's too late to do anything. The last words of a dying person are very important as we can tell by Jesus' death. Today I understand better the loss of a loved one. The suffering and developing process is often slow but thru Jesus we can emerge triumphantly.

In all the funeral burials we wear white in Tanzania symbolizing that the person has gone to be a better place.

I'm glad that all my relatives are Christians, and one day I will get to see them all.

Jesus is our comforter.

No comments: